making a 400 into a monster

5 replies to this topic
  • amerrill130

Posted November 25, 2004 - 09:44 AM

Hey guys, okay i need a little help here. I have a 2000 WR 400, and i just love the bike. But i want more power so i have done all of the free mods except for the jet kit, i just have an fmf jet kit installed, but i want to get more power out of her. So my question to anyone is has anyone else been in the same situation? And what did you do. I have heard about the powernow system, that goes in front and back of the carb. But i was thinking maybe boring her out. I don't know. I rod my buddy's new 450 and love it, but can't afford to get a new bike. Can anyone else help me out. Thanks :cry:

• Domenic_WRF

Posted November 25, 2004 - 05:53 PM

Power now is snake oil IMHO...Try JD's jetting before you do anything else, you will be surprised. Starting with YZ426 jetting with E-taper needles also will yeild the power increase you desire, but like me you may end up with a box full of jets and needles. JD's is plug n play, a good compromise, less work to dial it in. It will never run like a YZ450, but it will keep up with most 450's. :cry:

• amerrill130

Posted November 25, 2004 - 06:48 PM

okay where can i get the JD kit at. Have you heard of anyone boring out the motor?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ttr125smms120

Posted November 25, 2004 - 06:56 PM

yes im sure people have bored out their bike, and i believe you can find the jetting kit in the thumpertalk store although im not sure

• Jethrro

Posted November 26, 2004 - 09:04 AM

Thumper Racing has some options on making a big bore out of the 400... somewhere around a 440. Never ran their products but have heard they are top notch.

• Oasis_Flame

Posted November 30, 2004 - 07:55 AM

Option B;
You can do what I did. Mine is a 2000 Wr400 or was. I grabbed an 01' 426 jug and a Wiesco 13 to 1 piston made for the WR's. Do have p/n for the piston if your interested. I now have a monster. 2000 miles on this combo, no problems. :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.