13.5:1 piston question

5 replies to this topic
  • flyinguitars

Posted November 25, 2004 - 07:37 AM

Do you have to use race gas or some additive to run with this piston. Im ready for a new piston and I was wondering if this choice would be right for me. I dont race but I ride mostly mx tracks...Is there a noticable difference over stock? I'd rather not be restricted to using race gas only...but, then again if the performance difference is signifigant maybe I'll give it a shot.
Are you happy with the performance of yours?
Thanks
Mike

• jespertheil

Posted November 25, 2004 - 08:14 AM

No you don´t need race gas.
I just installed that piston and it works great! :cry:
It has a kind of 2 stroke wannabe trottle snap, it feels much more agressive now than before. I also installed a complete race DR.D at the same time, that might have something to say too. But before i had a WB e-series and it rides way better now. All i need is to have it rejetted, the main is to small now.

Good luck :cry:

• BC3

Posted November 25, 2004 - 11:06 AM

Just curious since I run the E-series WB pipe also...how many discs did you end up with for the best performance...I have 12 right now and it seems pretty good
kinda loud but not terrible...

BC :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426onNOS

Posted November 25, 2004 - 06:28 PM

Mine hated pump gas. It would spit and sputter. But when she ran on Klotz she screamed! I would only run race gas!

BC: I only used my disc when the dnr was checking other then that I removed them and rode without them. They restricted way to much power for me.

• FFRacing79

Posted November 26, 2004 - 08:10 AM

[quote name='yz426onNOS']Mine hated pump gas. It would spit and sputter. But when she ran on Klotz she screamed! I would only run race gas! [/QUOTE]

It would have been a whole lot cheaper to just rejet!

[/QUOTE] BC: I only used my disc when the dnr was checking other then that I removed them and rode without them. They restricted way to much power for me.[/QUOTE]

I think if you would have taken the time with jetting and disc selection you would have made more/better power with the discs installed.

• jespertheil

Posted November 26, 2004 - 09:43 AM

Just curious since I run the E-series WB pipe also...how many discs did you end up with for the best performance...I have 12 right now and it seems pretty good
kinda loud but not terrible...

BC :cry:

Take them all out.. Mine is running a lot better without. :cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.