is this normal???

5 replies to this topic
  • yamiwr450

Posted November 24, 2004 - 08:40 PM

:cry: i've got a brand new 04 wr450 with only 91 miles on it, and the other day i started it...after only 20 seconds the pipe was GLOWING bright red!!! is this normal???

• JRAMBO

Posted November 24, 2004 - 08:44 PM

Yes normal a lot of people have asked the same question including me but yes they run very hot I lost a pair of pants real quick with my white bros.header.

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted November 24, 2004 - 09:14 PM

Yes, normal, now with some throttle under load, it wont glow. Running down the trial under a load will cool it down, but its still short of glowing red. My 426 did it, the new 450 does it. I also have a new 04WR450F with about 90 miles on it also! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted November 25, 2004 - 04:25 AM

I don't know about you guys, but mine won't glow "bright red" after only 20 seconds...

Are you sure it isn't running lean on the bottom?

• scuba57

Posted November 25, 2004 - 05:12 AM

I have a 225 and it does the same thing, bright red glow when it warms up to operaring temperature.

• 450_James

Posted November 25, 2004 - 02:53 PM

Mine does the same thing (05 WR450). A mechanic said it was because the pipe was made of Titanium. It's fine though a couple hundred miles later. I haven't noticed it as bright lately.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.