wr 450 trim flywheel

2 replies to this topic
  • terry nichols

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:35 PM

Has anyone ever tried to trim metal off the fly wheel,so the revs pick up quicker,if so ,How much weight did you take off,I know a yz fly wheel is 1.5 lb I dont know how much the wr fly wheel weighs,any help out there?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 29, 2004 - 02:12 PM

It is easier to put in a YZ450 exhaust cam with better results. The bike will really go through the gears quicker and hit the rev limiter faster. Leave the flywheel alone! :cry:

• mousemeat

Posted November 29, 2004 - 05:01 PM

Those flywheels are most likely balanced pretty well. I wouldn't touch it myself and i have access to a £20k balancing machine.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.