I getting a WR450 too!

12 replies to this topic
  • TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted November 24, 2004 - 05:41 PM

I'm pretty stoked about this and just ordered my 05 WR450. They have it in stock at the shop in Kona so they will put it together for me. I'm doing the Baja Designs street legal kit, and having them pull the grey wire I've been reading about and install a larger tank while everything is already off. My question is this... I only need the 3.1 gallon IMS but for fit, comfort, and ease of accessing things, which is the best tank at least 3 gallon capacity?

I appreciate any and all help with this....

BTW, for all you DRZ400 guys, I'm still getting that too... :cry:

• ETP

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:06 PM

Right on TC. Welcome to the blue side.
You will love the WR450! And the terrain you island guys ride will be a good test for the overall endurance of the machine.

• Math

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:14 PM

Hi Torture,

Looking for a tank myself for my 426, I've came to think the best tank is the one IMS builts for ZipTy Racing. Slimmer, carries the fuel lower and seems flatter than other tanks which allows to sit more forward.

See that topic http://www.thumperta...&highlight=good.

sorry you will have to cut and paste... can't find how to create a direct link on that new forum :cry:

Ah OK, It's automatic. :cry:

• RichBaker

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:21 PM

I prefer the Acerbis/GYT-R tank.....it's not as close to the exhaust, and holds more fuel. :cry:

• Math

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:45 PM

Rich,

I'm on the Yamaha website in the accessories section and I can't find any pics of the tank. Do you have some. Can you help me?

Ok, found some pics of the tank. The GYT is the exact same as the acerbis I tried.

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted November 24, 2004 - 07:34 PM

Right on TC. Welcome to the blue side.
You will love the WR450! And the terrain you island guys ride will be a good test for the overall endurance of the machine.

I ride with a guy named Sean and he loves his WR450. He takes it everywhere we go and rides it really good.... I have no doubt the bike is very durable... :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbarnes

Posted November 24, 2004 - 08:43 PM

Current IMS tank will not fit with AIS in place, it rests on "the tube", they are working on a tank that will clear. Do not know if Zip Ty tank will clear it.

• azwr450f

Posted November 24, 2004 - 09:23 PM

I'm pretty stoked about this and just ordered my 05 WR450. They have it in stock at the shop in Kona so they will put it together for me. I'm doing the Baja Designs street legal kit, and having them pull the grey wire I've been reading about and install a larger tank while everything is already off. My question is this... I only need the 3.1 gallon IMS but for fit, comfort, and ease of accessing things, which is the best tank at least 3 gallon capacity?

I appreciate any and all help with this....

BTW, for all you DRZ400 guys, I'm still getting that too... :cry:

welcome my friend :cry: :cry: :cry:

• TORTURECHAMBERS

Posted November 24, 2004 - 09:46 PM

Current IMS tank will not fit with AIS in place, it rests on "the tube", they are working on a tank that will clear. Do not know if Zip Ty tank will clear it.

I guess its a wait for the right tank kinda thing? Thanks for the info cause by Friday I have to give the decision to the shop. I think I'll just tell them to pull the wire for now and I'll carry extra gas if I do a long haul.

I really appreciate the welcomes in this forum... :cry:

• jbarnes

Posted November 25, 2004 - 07:15 AM

If I can find this thread when the tank is done I'll let you know :cry: . My buddie knows the guy that runs IMS and let him use his 05 for a test fit few weeks back so it should not be long.

• huskyrider

Posted November 25, 2004 - 09:57 AM

Congrats on the new scoot. :cry:
What could be more fun than living on the Big Island and riding a new street legal WR?
Not much I'm sure, LOL.

See Ya,
Kelly

• RichBaker

Posted November 25, 2004 - 11:37 AM

I'm going to take some after I install the TT graphics....went with the YZ cuz of the YZ shrouds. I'll post them then. Can't find the ones I took when I 1st mouted the tank....have to look around the old HDD

• PeakRider

Posted November 25, 2004 - 12:37 PM

Make sure when you get a tank that the 05 radiator shrouds will fit it. The 05 shrouds are differant from my 03 shrouds.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.