New Seat Options for XR600

6 replies to this topic
  • Pengaleng

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:51 AM

Howdy folks:

Searched this site before asking but I can't locate any options.

Looking for a new seat for an 93' XR600R.

Who has them? Looking for contact info via phone or Web.

I checked with IMS but they only carry the XR650 and other models.
It can't be that difficult...can it!!!???!!! :cry:

• 1biglung

Posted November 24, 2004 - 07:16 AM

The XR650L seat might work on the XR600. If you are in near by in So Cal. I have a stock and a corbin for a XR650L you can try. I am not selling them but it will let you know if it works and how it feels. Corbin should have a seat and be able to tell you if they are the same.

• Pengaleng

Posted November 24, 2004 - 07:49 AM

Thanks for the offer.
I may call Corbin and find out...unfortunately...I'm about 2500 miles away from where you are.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roll_it_on

Posted November 24, 2004 - 08:33 AM

If you already have the seat base then there a whole lot of places that will sell you new foam and seat covers for your 600R. Try here The have both the foam and covers for your bike. If you need the base too look on Ebay since whole seats come up all the time for your bike.

• Pengaleng

Posted November 24, 2004 - 08:46 AM

I think you are correct. I could just recover the pan I have.

Still - it would be nice if a full seat was sold. Does anyone out there sell them?

• Roll_it_on

Posted November 25, 2004 - 08:59 AM

Corbin is the only one that I know of that will sell you a complete seat for your bike. I checked and SDG only makes one for the 650R not the 600

• 600ish

Posted November 28, 2004 - 09:25 AM

I bought new foam and a gripper cover from The part #'s are 450984 for the cover and 45341 for the foam. They have both in stock, I just looked. Just enter the part #'s in the general search at the top right of the home page. I paid a local upholstery guy $30 to put it all together and it took about 30 min. start to finish and it was well worth it since he has the right tools for the job and I wouldn't try recovering my furniture myself so I'm damn sure not going to try it on my bike. I've ridden hard for 6 months and it's holding up great. Good luck, Walt

Related Content

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

1993 XR600R rebuild by ove

• Hot  41 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.