Fitting of rekluse clutch

4 replies to this topic
  • coulterk

Posted November 24, 2004 - 02:02 AM

Hi all after reading many of the posts about the rekluse clutch I have finally decided to buy one. On awaiting for delivery I have been reading the installation instuctions I downloaded from the rekluse web site. My bike is a 01 YZ426. In para 7 it states to put a rekluse drive plate under the top friction disc and on top of a stock drive plate. Does this mean that you have two steel drive plates on top of each other.

If you have any other useful info on assembling the clutch it would be greatly appreciated as I live in Australia and I haven't found anyone here who has a rekluse fitted to their bike.

Kaj Coulter

• FFRacing79

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:52 AM

"Does this mean that you have two steel drive plates on top of each other."

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ride

Posted November 24, 2004 - 08:55 AM

I sell and have installed many Rekluse Z-starts and on some apps you do run two drive plates together. This does not hurt anything as they spin together but it is a way to set up the install gap.

You will love your Z-start :cry:

• 426mankiller

Posted November 24, 2004 - 04:29 PM

Be extremely meticulous about measuring and checking your install gap--That is the whole key to making it work properly. :cry:

• coulterk

Posted November 25, 2004 - 02:04 AM

Thanks for your reply's It just sounded a bit stange but as I thought about it a bit more I realised that they only sit on top of each other and don't spin.

Yes I can't wait to hit track with the clutch fitted and receive all the strange looks of riding without a clutch lever.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  131 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.