Valve Adjustment

4 replies to this topic
  • azwr450f

Posted November 23, 2004 - 06:42 PM

How did you ride before adjusting the valves? :cry:

• Treebark

Posted November 23, 2004 - 10:32 PM

I ride it pretty hard but not in the high R's so much. I went 1500 miles before checking mine and the intakes were a bit tight and just sanded the shims down about .002 and polished them up to put in the middle of the specs. My exhaust were still in the middle of the specs. When I get a shim set from TT the next time I order something I'll replace them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_H

Posted November 23, 2004 - 11:11 PM

Not sure what you're asking? :cry:

Adjusted mine after about 2 years when I put in my 450 auto-deco cam. All were in, but some were a little tight if I remember right. Made a couple changes just to be on the loose side. Still rev the bike when I need to. :cry:

• azwr450f

Posted November 24, 2004 - 09:26 PM

I ride it pretty hard but not in the high R's so much. I went 1500 miles before checking mine and the intakes were a bit tight and just sanded the shims down about .002 and polished them up to put in the middle of the specs. My exhaust were still in the middle of the specs. When I get a shim set from TT the next time I order something I'll replace them.

Thanks for the advice :cry: :cry:

• Hamish

Posted November 25, 2004 - 12:45 AM

just sanded the shims down about .002 and polished them up

:cry:
not a good move

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.