Whhhoooooo!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • woodsk

Posted November 23, 2004 - 09:36 AM

Just took by my new '04 WR450 out for the first ride, and all I have to say is HELLLLLLL YEAHHHHHHHH this thing rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry:

Compared to my 400 its faster, more agile, way more powerfull and fells much lighter. And that is completly stock! I was only out for about 30 min on some power lines by my house, so I cannot wait to get out for a real ride :cry:

But there is one issue, the head pipe and silencer got hotter than anything I have ever seen. It is running pretty lean, so maybe that is it. Anyone have a similar experiance

I ordered the JD jetting kit the other day and it should be here wed. so i will see if fixes it.

• bstanton

Posted November 23, 2004 - 09:52 AM

Don't sweat the heat you are getting from the pipe. Thats normal. Were you riding at night? Thats why you noticed it! Make sure you complete the free mods i.e grey wire, throttle stop, and snorkle. You think its fast now just do the mods and you'll be saying its to much bike!! :cry:

• mousemeat

Posted November 23, 2004 - 09:52 AM

i feel your joy. I stuck in the biggest of the spare main jets and it ran way less lean, but mine is canadian spec.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • woodsk

Posted November 23, 2004 - 01:13 PM

i feel your joy. I stuck in the biggest of the spare main jets and it ran way less lean, but mine is canadian spec.

Mine is canadian also, but the JD kit should address the jetting issues. The concern with the heat is that I have never seen an exhaust system get so hot. It was so hot that if water touched it, the water wouldn't just evaporate and steam like normal it would skip accross it like a frying pan that is way to hot.

Posted November 23, 2004 - 02:17 PM

Mine is canadian also, but the JD kit should address the jetting issues. The concern with the heat is that I have never seen an exhaust system get so hot. It was so hot that if water touched it, the water wouldn't just evaporate and steam like normal it would skip accross it like a frying pan that is way to hot.

Exhaust is totally normal. Don't worry about it :cry: Get you a hot dog and a stick and enjoy! :cry:

• bottomfeeder2

Posted November 24, 2004 - 11:15 AM

Exhaust is totally normal. Don't worry about it :cry: Get you a hot dog and a stick and enjoy! :cry:

Is that what that smell is? I thought it was my leg burning through my boots. :cry:

• JRAMBO

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:02 PM

I have an 02 wr426 I put a full white bros. system on it and lost a brand new pair of pants instantly burnt. Had to put a carbon fiber pipe gaurd on it they get hot but you will need the jets badly if you do all the free mods.Like some one else said you will be thinking I thought this thing was fast before.You might have to put it back stock just to get used to the power.I road a KX 250 before my four stroke just has so much power and top end compared to the two smoke quick power. :cry: :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.