Tach anyone?

3 replies to this topic
  • truck6driver

Posted November 22, 2004 - 08:00 PM

I have been looking for a tach to work on my 650L. Honda has a digital tach but it was designed for boat engine use and reacts slow. If you rev the engine and let off, buy the time it reads the high rev you are back at idle. Does anyone know of an aftermarket tach that will work on a 4 stroke single?\
94 XR650L

• HeadTrauma

Posted November 22, 2004 - 09:14 PM

Autometer has an analog tach sold largely to the Jr Dragster market. If you're not familiar, they run variants of a Briggs & Stratton 5hp single cylinder. Its not cheap, though, at around $110. I'm not sure how high it goes, but probably around 10,000rpm. I'm also not sure how it hooks up; it may need a points type ignition.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ODSC1

Posted November 23, 2004 - 07:34 AM

Try Tiny-Tach

• rokklym

Posted November 23, 2004 - 07:43 AM

If anyone finds something that works good, post it. I'd like to hook up a tach to mine, just to see what rpm's i'm normally running it at.

Related Content

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.