Seat ? Need more padding!

7 replies to this topic
  • azwr450f

Posted November 22, 2004 - 02:34 PM

Any good aftermarket seats out there for a wr450. I have looked at guts but not sure what model and of the quality. :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted November 22, 2004 - 09:23 PM

• ETP

Posted November 22, 2004 - 09:50 PM

Last year I called Guts and the guy told me what seat to buy (tall, firm) based on my bike, and riding style. Been very happy with it. No more monkey butt.....

• yz426onNOS

Posted November 22, 2004 - 09:52 PM

Try some paded shorts, too!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • azwr450f

Posted November 22, 2004 - 10:05 PM

thanks ill check em out :cry:

• Math

Posted November 22, 2004 - 10:47 PM

My buddy rides a Guts tall soft ( we used to ride long trails (100-150 miles in one day) and it is the most comfortable seat I've experienced so far.

He is really happy with it.

He just complains about the fact that all the seat cover is not water proof. Some part can be penetrated by water. But apparently, it does not create a problem unless you get it wet during a ride. At this point, your pants become wet from staying in contact with the seat...

I would buy the tall from guts hands down (soft or firm depending on your needs) but then I would probably get a tall seet cover from another company like ceet, SDG, factory effex. Factory effex has nice seat covers...

• cmg

Posted November 23, 2004 - 01:20 AM

Hi all

new to posting on this site,

Pull your seat off and repack it yourself, I did it on my wifes bike, its not to hard to do at all, and it saves cash :cry: which is always a good thing

• azwr450f

Posted November 23, 2004 - 09:35 AM

is there enough seat material to add more padding and still re attach to the plastic seat frame.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.