2002 XR650R Value

9 replies to this topic
  • crashtester

Posted November 22, 2004 - 02:08 PM

Guys,

Am thinking of selling my xr650r and am wondering if it would be worth shipping my bike to California (supply and demand). I don't really think there is a demand for xr650r's on the east coast. What would a 2002 in good shape with Virginia Title and Tags go for out west?

• Hd_hubub

Posted November 22, 2004 - 03:19 PM

The VA tag won't do a Californian any good. If its not already plated in CA, the best you'll get is a green sticker.

Value obviously depends on your mods. I'd guess you could get anywhere from $3,200 - $4,000.

Good luck.

• yamahar7

Posted November 22, 2004 - 03:47 PM

for ir to plate in CA it needs to have 7500 miles on it and will need to be inspected at the CHP and the DMV for verification. yup, I tried it with an AZ bike plated...didn't work. I still have 2 XR650R's plated though.

• kashlak

Posted November 22, 2004 - 06:25 PM

I think you would be surprised how many people are looking for xr 650s on the east coast. check e-bay ther is a 2000 650 dual sported in MD and already up to $3500 with 11 bids on it and a day to go. Hold onto it for another year or so and ill be happy to take it off your hands. Cant do it now baby on the way.

• don87xr600

Posted November 22, 2004 - 08:03 PM

The VA tag won't do a Californian any good. If its not already plated in CA, the best you'll get is a green sticker.

Value obviously depends on your mods. I'd guess you could get anywhere from $3,200 - $4,000.

Good luck.

You forgot to let the DMV know it had more than 7,500 miles. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zx7rye

Posted November 23, 2004 - 05:26 AM

I think you would be surprised how many people are looking for xr 650s on the east coast. check e-bay ther is a 2000 650 dual sported in MD and already up to $3500 with 11 bids on it and a day to go. Hold onto it for another year or so and ill be happy to take it off your hands. Cant do it now baby on the way.

I question the demand on the East Coast too. I just picked up a spotless '02 for $3200. I think alot of the easterners buy in way too much to the mags reviews. "Heavy bike, not good on tight singletrack" blah blah blah. Yet the same people that pass it up hop on a WR450 which still has some weight to it and equivalent power. Not exactly a replacement for the 650r in the tight stuff. I would venture to say the market is hotter in SoCal for the bike even if it can't be street legalled as this is not the goal of every rider.

• SaltyWalrus

Posted November 23, 2004 - 07:03 AM

How are you enjoying that thing, zx7rye??? You take her out yet? Got the starting routine down?

• zx7rye

Posted November 23, 2004 - 09:09 AM

How are you enjoying that thing, zx7rye??? You take her out yet? Got the starting routine down?

LOL....yeah starting is fine. Haven't had it out yet (I know don't say it) because I am waiting on the jetting. Should be in this week and I'll tear into it. Seriously lean down low right now. Needs an uncorking in a big way. I'll have it set by this weekend probably and likely do some riding somewhere up north.

• crashtester

Posted November 23, 2004 - 12:35 PM

" question the demand on the East Coast too" I could be wrong..... I guess I will find out if I try to sell.

• thumpasaurus

Posted November 23, 2004 - 01:33 PM

check your PM's.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.