Ty Davis and his 450 in Idaho

4 replies to this topic
  • Pothole

Posted November 22, 2004 - 12:40 PM

I checked out the WORCS race this weekend in Payette, Idaho. Ty Davis won it on his YZ450, with Bonds right behind him on his KX250. If the KX could have held more gas, Bonds would have won it...but that 450 was just amazing on that course. It was pretty wide open stuff with big climbs that the 450 just ate up. Very cool race to watch. Ty Davis knows how to ride a bike for sure, wow.

• rush66

Posted November 22, 2004 - 12:54 PM

Ty Davis can ride a bike for sure. I went to the monticello round on labor day at my local track and he won on an 05 yz 250. The off road part of that race has a wicked section down in a real tight canyon with some big drops and rocks, mud, roots galore . Throughout the entire 2 hour race he was consistently pacing around 10min laps. I went and road the course the day after the race and thoughout the entire day of riding my fastest lap was like 10min 38secs, there's no way I could hold that pace for two hours. Guess I have alot of training to do if I ever want to ride like Ty. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pothole

Posted November 22, 2004 - 01:02 PM

man, that's actually pretty good to only be 38 seconds off the pace..one lap or not!

• rush66

Posted November 22, 2004 - 01:44 PM

I think nathan woods had the fasest lap time of the race in the 9 somthings. He and Davis trades leads most of the race until woods stalled his 450 and davis was able to pull away. I had lots of practice on the course since I got to help mark and clear the off road section.
Davis is a really well rounded rider he swaps between the 250 and 450 and does good on both he was a good mxer rode some supercross, was on the podium of the baja 1000 awhile back, I think he's even going to ride in this new endurocross series.

• smokin529

Posted November 23, 2004 - 05:51 PM

Ty's not only an excellent rider, but one heck of a nice guy too. Every race I have been to that he was there, he always takes time to talk to normal people. He's the one who talked me into buying a new YZ450.

Related Content

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.