Splitting the Casses

22 replies to this topic
  • PDR447

Posted November 24, 2004 - 07:03 PM

John,

Speedin' ian is my cousin.He just got the 426 and it's his first four stroke. He can and has work on motors(small bore two stroke and big block chevy) quite a bit. This bike is new to him and he had some questions on it before he dove into splitting the cases, so I recommended he come here as this site has been a great help for me and my switch to four strokes last year. Not everybody has time to read through thousands of posts looking for an answer that may or may not apply to their bike. I could read what happened to someone elses bike but how am I going to know if they are describing the same thing that is happening to my bike. Asking questions is how we learn, nobody is born knowing everything. If you don't want to help don't. Just don't be rude and turn people off from what can be a wonderful resource.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted November 25, 2004 - 08:15 AM

John,

Speedin' ian is my cousin.He just got the 426 and it's his first four stroke. He can and has work on motors(small bore two stroke and big block chevy) quite a bit. This bike is new to him and he had some questions on it before he dove into splitting the cases, so I recommended he come here as this site has been a great help for me and my switch to four strokes last year. Not everybody has time to read through thousands of posts looking for an answer that may or may not apply to their bike. I could read what happened to someone elses bike but how am I going to know if they are describing the same thing that is happening to my bike. Asking questions is how we learn, nobody is born knowing everything. If you don't want to help don't. Just don't be rude and turn people off from what can be a wonderful resource.

Fine by me
I find when one asks a question and then gets an answer, then chooses not to recieve it, or refuses to do his homework

is a very clear ear mark of one who is
1: Young and trolling
2: Wants to be feed without working for it.

This is his 2nd thread, the first one caught my Eye I offered help just as I offered to others, I even did the search and posted the links. Did he read them No, To hard, well he could had learned to use the advance search did he no he would much rather ask questions thats fine.

IMHO as I stated to him, the answers are there it gets repetive answering, if the resources are allready here and it is given then why reject.

Dont give me time to read crap either, In one hour he could had read through Skimmed trhrough some very good information.

That caused me to raise an eye brow to his intent. Being Teachable is a good charteristic

Now if he cam back and said

Ya know after reading though a few threads I am not sure, Some say 4th gear others say its the 3rd gear fork hat is the issue

Then you got a genuine Question. :cry:
Thats all,

• yz426onNOS

Posted November 25, 2004 - 06:32 PM

Fine by me
I find when one asks a question and then gets an answer, then chooses not to recieve it, or refuses to do his homework

is a very clear ear mark of one who is
1: Young and trolling
2: Wants to be feed without working for it.

This is his 2nd thread, the first one caught my Eye I offered help just as I offered to others, I even did the search and posted the links. Did he read them No, To hard, well he could had learned to use the advance search did he no he would much rather ask questions thats fine.

IMHO as I stated to him, the answers are there it gets repetive answering, if the resources are allready here and it is given then why reject.

Dont give me time to read crap either, In one hour he could had read through Skimmed trhrough some very good information.

That caused me to raise an eye brow to his intent. Being Teachable is a good charteristic

Now if he cam back and said

Ya know after reading though a few threads I am not sure, Some say 4th gear others say its the 3rd gear fork hat is the issue

Then you got a genuine Question. :cry:
Thats all,

This is part of the reason i'm so pissed about the "Red pipe!RED!!!!!!!!!" thread.

Glad to see someone shares my point POV.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.