Noise reduction

6 replies to this topic
  • gmiles

Posted November 22, 2004 - 10:10 AM

In the UK a lot of tracks are getting very strict on noise levels. Many practice tracks will not let you on if you are not running an enduro or Q pipe.
I have a yz426 which runs a ProCircuit system. This will never pass any noise tests. With this in mind I have just got hold of a WR system from e-bay. I have also got a stock header and Arrow Silencer. I might run with the Arrow silencer and stock header and when I fail a test I will stick on the WR silencer.

I have a couple of questions I hope somebody can help with....

What is the db rating for the WR pipe with and without the insert?
How bad will it make the bike run? I'm not concerned about overall power as it has more than I can handle.

Thanks.....

• gloft

Posted November 22, 2004 - 02:56 PM

The DB rating on the stock WR exhaust is very quiet (probably < 92 DB) but you will hate the power vs your system especially off the bottom. I would look at the FMF Q since it's much better than the stock hardware.

• Tom_Rowlee

Posted November 22, 2004 - 05:31 PM

I have a 98 wr400 / stock pipe with a pro moto billet insert , makes legal sound and the power is good .Good low end but it does hurt the top end a little . :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • billygoat

Posted November 24, 2004 - 03:50 PM

I have a stock WR with a Quietproducts insert. It replaces the pinky size insert with a 1 1/2" diameter baffle. It has passed several sound tests at 94-95db. My stocker without the core reads 99-100db. It sounds throaty, but takes the bite out. Not sure if you can get one in UK though. Might want to email 'em. The site is www.quietiscool.com

• Treebark

Posted November 24, 2004 - 06:28 PM

Any body know what level the Procircuit Ti 4 silencer produces?

• JRAMBO

Posted November 24, 2004 - 08:58 PM

A friend of ours got tested at hollister a week or so a go with a FMF power core on his WR 400 they shut the meter off at 106db and gave him a fix it ticket he had a month to fix it.

• youngr24

Posted November 25, 2004 - 10:20 AM

I installed the WB E2 slip on. It has the race insert or you can put in the cork. Should take me down to 96db. Ridding in randsburg this weekend guess I'll find out if I pass the test. The insert doesn't rob to much power from the bike but you do need to re-jet evertime you put it in. (04 WR450)

R

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.