Where to ride...

7 replies to this topic
  • bvd

Posted November 22, 2004 - 08:21 AM

Are there any good resources on the internet for places to go ride DIRT BIKES!? I live in Colorado, and of course we have a lot of places to go, but it gets COLD here in the winter...

My buddies and I are planning on going to Moab for thanksgiving, but are not sure the weather is going to cooperate, so I am looking for alternatives...

Any help would be appreciated...

05 WR450F
96 YZ250 - for sale
96 XR400 - for sale
My other ride is an 02 RV-8A - www.rv8a.com

• oldbones

Posted November 22, 2004 - 08:30 AM

Scroll down, look for a drop down menu box that say's "Forum Jump" and find the forum for the geographical area you are looking for. You will find lots of helpful info there!

RV8, eh? Fun ride!

• bvd

Posted November 22, 2004 - 08:42 AM

Yeah, the RV rocks! Wanna buy it!? I want one of these:

• mtbones

Posted November 22, 2004 - 10:45 AM

If you're thinking of winter riding in Utah, I would reccomend St. George and Coral Pink in southern UT. Went there in January and the days were in the 60's to 70's, gets cold at night though. Coral is awesome for dunes, you do need a flag though. St. George has both sand and miles of trails ( the riding area is actually just east of Hurricane UT). Had a blast there, hope to go back this winter.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • svracer

Posted November 22, 2004 - 11:00 AM

I'm new myself, but have had a great time down at Pueblo's open area: Pee-wee track, big-boy track, and miles of open trails... all FREE! Not sure where you are, but the local motocross tracks are a blast too (I play at Aztec outside C Springs).

Like I said, I'm new too so let me know if you find anything.

• bvd

Posted November 22, 2004 - 12:04 PM

I live in the Springs and used to race at Aztec... YEARS AGO! :cry:

My buddy owns land just west of there and has a motox track I can go hurt myself on if I want...

• Texas4play

Posted November 22, 2004 - 12:19 PM

• 04WR450F

Posted November 24, 2004 - 03:08 PM

I second Pueblo Motorsports Park. I haven't been down there in the winter yet, but I've heard that people ride down there year round because it's a little warmer. We're going soon I hope!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.