04 450 Q's

1 reply to this topic
  • yamamort

Posted November 21, 2004 - 09:45 PM

Just got back into riding after being out for two years with knee injury . I got a 04 450. I love the power, i love the bike. I put a FMF Q series pipe on itand pro taper handle bars. I'm pretty power hungry so i'm looking for any tips on this bike to make any improvements.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 22, 2004 - 09:54 AM

Just got back into riding after being out for two years with knee injury . I got a 04 450. I love the power, i love the bike. I put a FMF Q series pipe on itand pro taper handle bars. I'm pretty power hungry so i'm looking for any tips on this bike to make any improvements.

Do something about the plug in the decomp shaft bore; the OEM one can drop out. The TT store sells a cure.

Have the suspension done, and be sure the springs are heavy enough to match your weight properly. The stockers are for 160-170 pound riders, and you'll have to overdamp the compression if they're not stiff enough.

Maintain it well, and don't cut corners on the simple stuff like chains, etc.

Depending on how you want to ride it, you might consider a heavier flywheel, but the '04 already has a heavier one than the '03 (the 5oz GYT-R), so the next step would be a GYT-R or Dr.D 8oz, and you might not need it.

:cry:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

BIGBORE FOR YZ450F 2006? by Taattie94

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.