SRC Fork Brace

33 replies to this topic
  • 1biglung

Posted February 05, 2005 - 12:32 PM

I have the rswracing brace on my XR and it performs flawlessly. Easy install and the billet aluminum looks great. Ron makes excellent products and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from him again.

Great brace at almost half the price of the others!

I ordered my RWS Racing brace on Wed. It was delivered on Friday. Fit and finish is great. Installed in approx 15 Min. Took it out this morning for a few hours and worked great. Huge improvement. I am 270 lbs and the bike tracked better and no more flex and deflection. :cry: For 70.00 delivered can't beat it

Thanks, Ron

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted May 11, 2005 - 02:18 PM

Rons brace is NICE... and cost EXCELLENT!
(I've emailed him with some questions)

However....
Have any of you bought the SRC that comes with the "fork guards" ???

And if so,
They ARE the fork guards for the fork tube right?? Not the lower fork leg?!

I'm looking to use those fork tube guards, with fork skin swipers... and a lower leg guard. But am having a hard time finding just the fork tube protection, and just the lower leg protection.

ANY IDEAS???

Thanks in Advance!

• hill5150

Posted May 11, 2005 - 04:01 PM

I have the SRC brace, skins, and guards all work excellent, the guards cover the upper tubes, with wipers they have not shattered broke or misbehaved through miles of untamed desert....call SRC really helpful people............................................................ :)

• goblin127

Posted May 11, 2005 - 05:33 PM

i have the super brace on my 650l and am very happy with it . i have used fork braces on street bikes in the past and have found them to work very well.

• Evilfirbolg

Posted May 11, 2005 - 05:54 PM

I started to post a query here about Ron's braces some time back, been watching them on e-bay for a while. Just wanted to see if any of ya'll had tried 'em. I see a few have and are happy so I'm guessing I'll finally pony up the dough and give him shout. They sure look the part.

EDIT: Just ordered one, smooth process, will report on my results after I flog it.

• bork

Posted May 11, 2005 - 09:41 PM

I got a deal on src brace from old xrhonda.com site (parts for sale)and bought skins and covers new from src . ( I ride a 94 xr600r) Couldn't tell huge difference untill I rode me buds 97 xr600r . ( real hairy ! ) And he also thinks my bike is super stable. But not sure if its the brace making such a big difference . Tires or suspension issues ? We ride soft sugar sand.

• Evilfirbolg

Posted May 15, 2005 - 07:51 AM

Just got Ron's brace a couple of days ago, shipping was lightning fast. The fit and finish is perfect, looks like a factory werks one-off piece with no logos and whatnot. It took about ten minutes to put on and the difference is amazing. I have put braces on every bike I've ever owned but the change to this bike has been the most dramatic. Probably has something to do with those big ole long fork legs compared to a sportbike. I was actually having to take it easy and get used to the new feeling because I found myself overcompensating in the turns because I was used to my spaghetti-legs forks. No more of that, this thing is planted!

Ron, pleasure doing business with you. Top quality product and I highly recommend it :) .

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • roadcam

Posted May 16, 2005 - 06:54 AM

I've gotten such obvious improvement on all my bikes, even highway bikes, with fork braces, I can't imagine why they are not a stock item on all bikes ... cutting corners, I guess $$$ :)

• justicedone

Posted May 16, 2005 - 03:58 PM

I am running the SRC fork brace with the upper fork guards, and the seal savers. I installed myself, and it took about 1.5hrs. You have to remove the fork tubes and front tire of course, but its easy with a good bike stand (motoboss).

The look is way better than stock and I was equally impressed on road and off with the mods.

If you wanna see pics look in my garage.

Late

• JohnnyAirtime

Posted May 16, 2005 - 04:08 PM

Hmmm... nice.
I like the Seal Saver and fork guard look... being that "function" is more important to me... I think you and many might have sold me on Fork Braces in general. Now it's time to see about the whole enchilada!

How do you like that Teraflex rear tire??????
They're so big and meaty... I can't imagine the 'bounce' they add to the suspension. I've seen'em around lately... have you ridden it in sand, dirt and mud?! How about sidewall flex...etc. You can PM me if you'd like to keep the topic to topic. :)

• InternalCombustion

Posted May 16, 2005 - 06:36 PM

I have them on my 650R...in supermoto trimn they make a huge difference...the bike when cornering used to ''wander'' around the corner...when i fitted them the bike corners much more precicely

Dude, my R is also set up for moto and I've been thinking about dropping the triple clamps down maybe an inch to lower the front, vs shelling out cash for new springs.

Did you lower the tripple clamps or go with new springs. Did either route give you any noticable improvement on the street? Seems to me the R is already pretty responsive on the street with just the 17" rims and Pilot Sport rubber...

Rob
Mt. Top, PA

• hill5150

Posted May 16, 2005 - 08:04 PM

Here is the src setup looks tight and works great...........

http://img.photobuck...legal650003.jpg

• sportbiker929

Posted May 17, 2005 - 07:04 AM

I also make fork braces for these bikes. You can check it out at www.rswracing.com. I started making these for the XR650L and they are really liked. The fork brace really helps while riding over hard things fast it stabilizes the forks at there weekest spot. The brace I make mounts in 15 - 20 minutes and you can use your stock fork boots. You don't have to remove the front end to install the brace. E-mail me with any questions

I have one of these braces that I bought through Ebay. Fits well with tight tolerances. Nice piece.Mitch

• 1biglung

Posted May 17, 2005 - 07:21 AM

Here is Ron's brace mounted up with Seal Savers.

Posted Image

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.