'05 Needle- How The Heck Do Ya Get To It?

6 replies to this topic
  • Seabass

Posted November 20, 2004 - 07:57 PM

I've got an 05 WR and saw some post about the stock needle not having any grooves that allow the raising or lowering of the needle. I decided to take a look for myself and damn if I could figure out how to get to it! :cry: I took the tank off, loosened the throttle cables, but no luck turning the carb sideways. Does the carb need to be removed to replace/ adjust the needle?

• PeakRider

Posted November 20, 2004 - 08:05 PM

It can be done in the bike. Pull out the hot start plunger on the top left side of the carb, this will allow just enough rotation of the carb to get to the needle. The stock needle has only one clip position. I recommend the JD jetting kit (see my 05 ride report post) :cry:

• Hamish

Posted November 20, 2004 - 08:06 PM

just read your owners manual, it'll tell you

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BURLEY

Posted November 20, 2004 - 08:10 PM

I posted about the lack of clip positions. You CAN rotate the carb, but it's easier to just take it out. Remove the top cover (two alan head screws) and the needle is right there. Pull the slide up and out, unscrew the dealy and there you have it.

• Seabass

Posted November 22, 2004 - 05:56 PM

just read your owners manual, it'll tell you

What's an owners manual?

• Seabass

Posted November 22, 2004 - 05:57 PM

It can be done in the bike. Pull out the hot start plunger on the top left side of the carb, this will allow just enough rotation of the carb to get to the needle. The stock needle has only one clip position. I recommend the JD jetting kit (see my 05 ride report post) :cry:

Thanks! :cry:

• Seabass

Posted November 22, 2004 - 06:00 PM

I posted about the lack of clip positions. You CAN rotate the carb, but it's easier to just take it out. Remove the top cover (two alan head screws) and the needle is right there. Pull the slide up and out, unscrew the dealy and there you have it.

I'm unsure of the dealy. Is this some technical jargon? Or is it that part next to the whatchamajig? :cry:

I'm going riding for four straight days and if Ol Blue doesn't run quite right I'll be buying the JD kit. But for now she rips

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.