What rate Fork Spring and what oil level?

2 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted November 20, 2004 - 03:10 PM

I weigh 205lbs and the stock fork springs dont cut it for mx. What rate springs should I order?
Also How much oil and what weight oil?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 21, 2004 - 01:50 PM

I weigh 185 (out of my riding gear), so I probably weigh about 200 ready to ride. I have .48 springs in the forks and a 5.8 in the rear, and the race/static sag sets up in the right range at both ends. The heavier springs made it feel much plusher because it allowed me to back off on the compression damping quite a bit. I use Maxima's Fork Fluid 85-150 (5wt) at 125mm.

• copper

Posted November 21, 2004 - 08:52 PM

I'm 200 lbs and I have the .50. Work great and made it easier to ride. Fork oil 100mm from the top.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.