Triple clamps?

4 replies to this topic
  • machoman_#618

Posted November 20, 2004 - 08:46 AM

what does after market triple clamps do verse stock? and If a good reason what will fit my o5

ps this smilie is just nasty :cry:

• etownyzf

Posted November 20, 2004 - 09:03 AM

most aftermarket clamps let you move the bar position forward and let you use stronger inch and an 8th bars (stock is 7/8's)if you buy upper & lowers you can change the steering offset as well (some brands dont so ask)applied makes some really nice clamps as does protaper and rg3

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BC3

Posted November 20, 2004 - 10:29 AM

One of the better things I did.....

Less arm pump with the rubber mounted handlebar mounts....RG3s

BC :cry:

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2004 - 11:23 AM

most aftermarket clamps let you move the bar position forward and let you use stronger inch and an 8th bars (stock is 7/8's)if you buy upper & lowers you can change the steering offset as well (some brands dont so ask)applied makes some really nice clamps as does protaper and rg3

Most companies don't offer alternative steering offsets (that's different than handlebar position offset) for YZs because there's nothing wrong with the way the factory set them up. This isn't true of the early CRFs and many KTMs, particularly the 2-strokes.

A lot of top clamps offer some form of rubber handle bar isolation in addition to alternative bar offsets to improve rider comfort.

Unless you change Steering offset, the only thing the bottom clamp does is look cool, since very few are lighter than stock, and some are actually heavier. You decide if that's worth $150. :cry:

• machoman_#618

Posted November 20, 2004 - 12:16 PM

t/y thats what I needed to know. I shall stay stock :cry:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.