Looking to trade ?

4 replies to this topic

Posted November 20, 2004 - 05:31 AM

I have an almost new TY-Davis Signature tank that will fit a YZ/WR 250-426 tank W/Fittings that I would trade for a 99-02 YZ Tank if anyones interested. My only request is that the YZ tank's shroud bolt fittings no be stripped out.... I already have one of those....

Bonzai :cry:

• Ga426owner

Posted November 20, 2004 - 06:11 AM

Bonzai Whats up Dude!

You want to buy my 03 450? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marshallstack

Posted November 20, 2004 - 10:28 AM

Is your Ty tank blue, or natural?

• grayracer513

Posted November 20, 2004 - 11:14 AM

There was a repair suggested a while back for stripped shroud nuts in gas tanks. Do a search.

It seems to me it involved hooking a screwdriver under the bolt, shroud, washer, whatever, and spinning the nut in the tank with a drill motor or air wrench while prying upward. The poster stated that the friction would soon allow the nut to pull up out of the tank, leaving the empty socket where it came from.

Then, you can hold the nut with pliers, or something, to seperate the bolt from it, and repair the threads. After that he inserted a new bolt to keep the threads cleared, and epoxied the nut back into the tank.

• Pothole

Posted November 22, 2004 - 10:27 AM

Hey Yamakaze,

I'd be interested in that trade. I have the stock YZ tank off my '99 400.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.