How much for an engine rebuild?

8 replies to this topic
  • DoctorRzed

Posted November 20, 2004 - 03:59 AM

How much for an engine rebuild on avg. from the dealer(labor costs?)

• Satch0922

Posted November 20, 2004 - 04:35 AM

Why did you blow yours up? What is it that your bike needs and why?

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted November 20, 2004 - 04:38 AM

What needs rebuilding Pavel'? Is it just a top end freshen up, or a split the cases full rebuild? Nobody could really quote you without knowing what you need done. :cry: I would be interested to see what the labour charge is per hour in the US. Over here we charge on average $65.00 an hour :cry: Hopefully someone closer to home will respond..... :cry:

• BC3

Posted November 20, 2004 - 10:43 AM

Our shops get around 80 bucks per hour, in the NORTH..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz426onNOS

Posted November 20, 2004 - 12:51 PM

What type of re-build? Your going to be looking at a lot of money. I suggest you buy the parts and find a T.T.'r in your area that knows what they are doing and ask them to teach you.

• rljjredhed

Posted November 20, 2004 - 02:52 PM

I just had my upper done, piston, seals, and had the cyclinder sent off that was $200 of the $700 I spent I think my guy charged my 5 hours of labor, the previous owner did not change oil very often or clean the air filter

• DoctorRzed

Posted November 20, 2004 - 03:13 PM

I was thinking about putting a new piston/rings in over the winter. Nothing is wrong but I plan on racing it this upcoming year.

• bushy

Posted November 20, 2004 - 03:56 PM

How much for an engine rebuild on avg. from the dealer(labor costs?)

Someone with half a brain can put rings and piston in this bike. Too bad most dealers dont even have a brain, so your better off doing it yourself.

• Shane_Bettin

Posted November 20, 2004 - 09:33 PM

i blew up my yz400 and it costed about 3500-4000 canadian. that was for basically every seal, every bearing and anything that was showing any wear at. all 5 valve were replaced, cam chain i think the cams were too. needed a new head and cylinder, new top and bottom end.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.