Nobody mounts a Tach?

3 replies to this topic
  • matt_patton

Posted November 20, 2004 - 12:05 AM

Maybe it's because I've never ridden a bike without one (100K miles worth of street riding). I'm looking at possibly geting a SPa tach/temp guage with built in shift lights. Any mounted a tach on their bike?

Guess I should ask in the supermotard forum too.

• Hamish

Posted November 20, 2004 - 01:28 AM

i have a honda hourmeter with a built in tacho. It was only $10 more than the standard hourmeter. It's good for monitoring the revs when cruising on the street, but when you have the hammer down in the bush you never get the chance to look at it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted November 20, 2004 - 10:32 AM

I've never felt a need for a tach while riding, it is nice to have when tuning, though. I plan to get one for my toolbox...I'd hate to over-rev it! :cry:

• N7SLC

Posted November 20, 2004 - 10:59 AM

Actually quite a few guys in the DRZ forum have installed the Tiny Tach .

They have a "commercial version" that connects to the battery on the bike
and has a 20K rpm limit. :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.