soft luggage for the WR?

3 replies to this topic
  • matt_patton

Posted November 19, 2004 - 11:53 PM

I'm a big fan of Ventura Luggage systems. Sadly there is no WR fitment. Since I don't have my WR yet I can't examine the subframe to see if it lacks the necessary hard points or it's just a matter of nobody asking for them to make a suitable kit.

I intend to commute 40mi each way on my WR and doing the backpack thing isn't gonna happen. Any suggestions on nicely-sized tail bags or traditional saddlebags that would work pretty good? I used to have Chase Harper ET4000's (long discontinued) on my street bike.

• simch

Posted November 20, 2004 - 07:38 AM

Any throwover soft panniers designed for sports bikes with hilevl exhausts should do. Here in the UK, "Oxford Products" do some decent ones. Just strap em on well and keep em away from the exhaust can.

They also do a "tail pack" that straps onto the rear of the seat with velcro straps. Although a friend lost one of these at 130+ mph off his gixer!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted November 20, 2004 - 10:28 AM

Dirt Bagz......http://moto-sportpan...s.com/dirtbagz/
I've never used them, don't know anyone that has, just seen their ads...
Rich

• gloft

Posted November 20, 2004 - 11:43 AM

Just read an article in Dirt Rider about a complete tool kit from Blue Ridge Racing Products www.blueridgeracing.com. DR rated it a 9 out of 10. Look like a nice fender bag from the pics and it appears they sell it with or without tools.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.