headlight on the 650

5 replies to this topic
  • thumper245

Posted November 19, 2004 - 08:58 PM

I am a little hight challenged so I took the spanner nut up all the way on the rear shock of my 02 650L and now the headlight is looking for UFOs. I have the light pointed all the way down and I know that I need to either raise the rear back up or drop the forks, but I am wondering if there is a better light for it. I dont want to have it rewound and I still want to be leagal for the street. Anyone had this problem or any ideas? :cry: :cry: :cry:

• CrackiN

Posted November 20, 2004 - 06:11 AM

There should be bolts on either side of the headlight that you can loosen...Once they are loose you should be able to adjust the headlight to point lower and then tighten the bolts....

• savageracing

Posted November 20, 2004 - 07:52 AM

There are adjustment bolts under the headlight cover. the cover must be removed for up down adj but not for left right adj. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper245

Posted November 20, 2004 - 07:53 AM

There should be bolts on either side of the headlight that you can loosen...Once they are loose you should be able to adjust the headlight to point lower and then tighten the bolts....

I loosened up those two bolts and used the adjustment screw and turned it all the way down. That helped out greatly but I still have to lower the front or bring up the rear, what I realy want is more light than the stock light.

• savageracing

Posted November 20, 2004 - 08:01 AM

the stock headlight sucks on that bike. i think, but don't quote me, that it is only 35 watts. check with www.bajadesigns.com they should have some new bulbs for it.

• roadcam

Posted November 20, 2004 - 08:41 AM

the aftermarket headlight kits Ive seen were held on by rubber straps, looked pretty shaky to me, I would be surprised if they would stay pointed where ya put them....maybe someone can say whether they're any good .... if you put a hot halogen bulb in the stock headlight, you will get a lot more light, but supposedly the stock plastic lens will melt...Baja Designs sells a glass lens kit for it...pretty pricey when a rock hits it....

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.