Help!!! Confusion Has Set In!!

3 replies to this topic
  • jbrooks26

Posted November 19, 2004 - 10:37 AM

Ok, I just replaced the fork seals on my 02 WR426. All went well until I tried to reset the rebound. I have not changed it from stock settings, I am the only owner of this bike. The left fork went just as I had planned so I went on to the right one. I checked the setting, it was 10 clicks for rebound and 12 for compression just like the left fork. So I just turned them both out all the way. I didn't count the clicks on the way out during the teardown. Anyway, when I got it back on the bike and went to reset the settings, I noticed that the rebound screw goes way further into the cap on the right fork than on the left fork. So I counted the clicks from in to out on the right fork I have 31 and on the left fork I have 20. Why does the right fork have 11 more steps than it should? Any ideas are welcome. I am supposed to go riding tomarrow but this could throw a wrench into things. Please help.

Josh

• oldbones

Posted November 19, 2004 - 10:47 AM

I dunno, but aren't you supposed to set the clicker by # of clicks OUT from full in?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jbrooks26

Posted November 19, 2004 - 10:51 AM

Yes, that is the problem. The right fork starting point is much farther in than the left one. Anyone else? Thanks,

Josh

• Jackazz

Posted November 19, 2004 - 11:28 AM

I have no experience with this on MX forks, as I'm a bit new to dirtbikes, but on my Superbike forks, whenever I tore them down to clean & replace seals & oil I always turned all the settings all the way in & them back out to the desired settings after re-assembly, as sometimes the adjusters can get "out of whack" when dissasembling & reassembling. Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.