WR450 Valve Timing

No replies to this topic
  • tal199

Posted November 19, 2004 - 05:29 AM

I'm trying to build a Virtual 4-Stroke model of a WR450 engine to be used in a restricted format in an FSAE car.

My main problem at the moment is that I won't get my hands on the engine for a few months so I have to get all dimensions etc. from other sources. :cry: I've managed to get just about everything I need except the open and close angles of the valves in degrees of crank rotation. I've been trawling through the forums and seen plenty about advancing and retarding the cams but haven't come across any numbers for the stock configuration. Does anybody know these? If anyone has the YZ450 timing I wouldn't mind getting this too.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.