Pics of my '05 WR450

30 replies to this topic
  • patrickincc

Posted November 20, 2004 - 05:40 PM

Where did you get the yellow plastics and the tank decals. Very hot bike.

• Garry_on_a_426

Posted November 20, 2004 - 05:51 PM

I will get the specs on the paint and clear from the friend of mine that helped me with it. He paints cars and it was some super expensive high grade paint with 10 coats of clear. Looks dipped in glass. I hope it holds up. It is VERY hard and the skid plate and Stomp grip traction pads cover a lot of the frame. It is the IMS 3.1. Fits like a glove! Thanks for the compliments. Pictures DON'T do it justice. Now I am TERRIFIED to race it!!

Did you take it apart to paint it?

Posted November 20, 2004 - 06:01 PM

I have a question about your Cycra hand guards. I have a 04' WR450 with Renthal fat bars (RC bend) with the 1 1/8" adaptors. As you can see the bars are very tall compared to stock. How do these hand guards mount up to the tripple trees (I noticed yours do) with out looking really straight? Do you have any helpful hints for me? Thanks in advance......

EDIT: Are they adjustable? I've never had hand guards, I'm wanting them to protect the levers and my hands of course..... :cry:

• BURLEY

Posted November 20, 2004 - 07:22 PM

I have a question about your Cycra hand guards. I have a 04' WR450 with Renthal fat bars (RC bend) with the 1 1/8" adaptors. As you can see the bars are very tall compared to stock. How do these hand guards mount up to the tripple trees (I noticed yours do) with out looking really straight? Do you have any helpful hints for me? Thanks in advance......

EDIT: Are they adjustable? I've never had hand guards, I'm wanting them to protect the levers and my hands of course..... :cry:

Cycra makes thier mounting brackets with different bends in mind. The brackets are slotted etc. I would recommend them highly. I use a lo bend bar BUT, I am running a GPR 2.0 version stabilizer which raises my overall bar hight to that of a hi bend bar because the stabilizer is now UNDER the bar. My Cycras mounted up fine. You will need to specify when you order Cycras' whether your top clamp's pinch bolts thread in from the front or side (different brackets). My Applied clamp is a side mount, as are the stock WR clamps. It is a clean setup. I like clean. And in response to the above post: YES I took the bike apart to paint the frame! Completely. Down to a bare frame. There is NO WAY AROUND IT. It was worth the effort and I became VERY familiar with the bike :cry:

• Math

Posted November 21, 2004 - 08:43 AM

Very very nice bike Burley. The silver frame rocks! I love the yamablue but you're seriously making me appreciate the yellow! What a nice bike!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted November 21, 2004 - 11:34 AM

Cycra makes thier mounting brackets with different bends in mind. The brackets are slotted etc. I would recommend them highly. I use a lo bend bar BUT, I am running a GPR 2.0 version stabilizer which raises my overall bar hight to that of a hi bend bar because the stabilizer is now UNDER the bar. My Cycras mounted up fine. You will need to specify when you order Cycras' whether your top clamp's pinch bolts thread in from the front or side (different brackets). My Applied clamp is a side mount, as are the stock WR clamps. It is a clean setup. I like clean. And in response to the above post: YES I took the bike apart to paint the frame! Completely. Down to a bare frame. There is NO WAY AROUND IT. It was worth the effort and I became VERY familiar with the bike :cry:

Thanks for getting back to me. I think I will order a set. I'll call TT, I'm sure they can hook me up! :cry:

• Dougie

Posted November 27, 2004 - 02:54 PM

What plastic did you use?

• BURLEY

Posted November 28, 2004 - 07:51 AM

What plastic did you use?

One Industries Hurricane kit.

• yamaharichey

Posted December 01, 2004 - 03:31 PM

Who's plastic is that ?

• Jackazz

Posted December 01, 2004 - 03:56 PM

Hey Burley, what's that little finned rectifier looking thing on the left side of the steering head on the frame?

My '04 WR450 does'nt have one...

I see yours is an '05, but was wondering what they decided to stick up there.

• yzf450jack

Posted December 01, 2004 - 06:58 PM

wats a green sticker for ? :cry:

Thats what good old california classified the fast and unplugged 03 and newer dirt bike's a (red sticker)can't ride 6 months out of the year a (green sticker)can ride year long :cry: all ;) :cry: :D :cry: :lol: :cry: :D :D :D ;) :lol: ;)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.