uncorked and rejetted with a Pro Circuit Type 496

Cycra Hand Gaurds, Scotts Skid Plate, Devol frame Gaurds, Stomp Grip, etc etc

Did I mention it's CA green Stickered?!

• cruise

Posted November 19, 2004 - 03:50 AM

wats a green sticker for ? :cry:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 19, 2004 - 04:04 AM

Sweet bike Burley.. What kind of paint did you use and how did you do it? Nice job...

Posted November 19, 2004 - 06:14 AM

That looks really good! I like it because it's diffrent. That is what makes it stand out. Great job!

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted November 19, 2004 - 06:28 AM

What fuel tank is that??????

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 19, 2004 - 07:02 AM

What fuel tank is that??????

IMS 3.1 I guess the old tanks fit..

Posted November 19, 2004 - 07:53 AM

I will get the specs on the paint and clear from the friend of mine that helped me with it. He paints cars and it was some super expensive high grade paint with 10 coats of clear. Looks dipped in glass. I hope it holds up. It is VERY hard and the skid plate and Stomp grip traction pads cover a lot of the frame. It is the IMS 3.1. Fits like a glove! Thanks for the compliments. Pictures DON'T do it justice. Now I am TERRIFIED to race it!!

• Flip01

Posted November 19, 2004 - 08:04 AM

Dude, that looks awesome. Retro yellow, sweeeeet :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted November 19, 2004 - 08:53 AM

Very nice, very clean!
Any close-up shots of the front number plate set-up??
:cry: :cry: :cry:

• banffboy

Posted November 19, 2004 - 10:30 AM

That thing is the shiiiznit :cry: My 01' looks like a rented mule compared to that :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • patrickincc

Posted November 19, 2004 - 12:25 PM

Can you tell me where you got the yellow and white. Its awesome. I am in the market to bu either a wr 450 05, or wait for the CRF 45 X. I love how you set it up. I now have a crf 250 x and the only reason I bought it was for the green sticker. I would of bought a 450 if they had one then with the green sticker.The 250 is awesome but I like more power.

• Seabass

Posted November 19, 2004 - 07:01 PM

You shore got a perty bike. Is that the "Rovers" special limited edition WR?
And I thought putting black BRP triple clamps made my bike really trick looking.

Posted November 19, 2004 - 09:35 PM

First ride: The bike rips!

Great power and handles awsome

Clean...but not for long

I got the plastics through One Industries. It's the "Hurricane" Kit.

• DirtDobber

Posted November 20, 2004 - 09:07 AM

Dang that bike so pretty you hate to get it dirty!

• azwr450f

Posted November 20, 2004 - 11:21 AM

That is the sweetest bike i have seen in a long time. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

how to you like the cycra handguards? What bars and triple clamp do you have? I am looking for better handguards, i have moose right now and i do not like them at all.

Posted November 20, 2004 - 11:45 AM

Thank you! The bike is so nice. No regrets. The electric start is awsome. I race desert and those dead engine starts will be fairly anxiaty free now. :cry: I had considered a YZ250F based on my size (150 lbs) I thought I wouldn't miss the HP, but the magic button pushed me toward the WR. Keep in mind though that I am coming off an XR650. This bike feels LIGHT to me!! Turns like butta. Anyway, I love the Cycra gaurds. They mount to the top clamp (which is an Applied) and it keeps the bars (which are Pro Taper CR Lo bend) uncluttered. I had to remount the wiring harness on the top clamp a bit different than stock in order to use the YZ number plate ( I don't run the odometer so that wasn't an issue) but it's really clean and I will post pics soon. Now all that's left is to scratch the hell out of it!! :cry: :cry:

• azwr450f

Posted November 20, 2004 - 12:33 PM

it rminds me of my old 84 yz 250 with the yellow plastic.... totally original what a great idea. :cry:

Posted November 20, 2004 - 01:04 PM

Regaurding the post "What's a green sticker" From Australia. Ya, ya. If you seriously don't know, it's dirt bike registration. If you are pointing out that your country doesn't have rediculously restrictive air quality and registration laws for dirt bikes.....great, I am envious.

• Moondogger

Posted November 20, 2004 - 03:10 PM

That's a sweet bike! :cry:

• John_H

Posted November 20, 2004 - 04:35 PM

That's a sweet bike! :cry:

[COLOR=Red]I'll second that. That silver frame is great. Makes my tired old blue look even worse.[/COLOR] :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.