Air screws

2 replies to this topic
  • hill5150

Posted November 18, 2004 - 12:56 PM

:cry: Any suggestions for the optimum air screw adjustments for southern california .Glamis, high desert and local street riding once the d/s is complete.Looked at the FAQ on xr650r.com and they were vague.There a number of screws,Which is which.Jetting is at 68s and 175. :cry: Ride on........

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted November 20, 2004 - 12:39 AM

You need to do some plug readings. White is too lean, black too rich, and medium-light brown just right. Giving the elevations of your riding spots helps or you could try the jetting forum.

• CrackiN

Posted November 20, 2004 - 06:07 AM

Getting a repair manual would help you in many ways....There are specs and settings for almost everything on the bike....Trouble shooting instructions and I think you will find that it will come in really handy down the road....I sent my bike to the shop for problems and later found out that I could have done all the work and correctly diagnosted the problem myself....It takes some time to get farmiliar with your own model but it is well worth it especially when the thing starts acting funny and there is no one around to help...

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.