Do you Pressue wash your Pig??

23 replies to this topic
  • Denn10

Posted March 17, 2008 - 12:44 PM

I just use Simple Green and gentle hose pressure. I only pressure wash if its very dirty (not too often) :confused: .

me too SG seems to be one of the best cleaners out there, i use it for my air filters also. Biodegradeable so i dont have to worry about chemical waste and it does the job well. Just a trick but if you have a water heater in your garage, hook your water hose to that and clean you bike with hot water it will help if you got an oily grimmy mess

If you do pressure wash it, use low pressure. Pressure washing the bike at high pressure can do a lot of damage, mainly to bearings and seals.

quick passes over those areas from a distance for me, never had a problem with using pressure washers, just gotta be careful and wise about it

• percyco

Posted March 17, 2008 - 12:46 PM

I pressure wash my PIG when it's really muddy, never had a problem. After every wash I use a cheap can of tire shine like STP or No Touch and hose the PIG down with it. Wipe off the extra and it's all shiney and has a protective coating on it .

Here's mine, ain't it purdy ?

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 1nstr

Posted March 17, 2008 - 02:16 PM

Yea man, and use that tire shine on the suspension of your lifted truck and all around the wheel wells and it too will look like new!!!...Great lookin XR! buz

• jdubb75

Posted March 17, 2008 - 06:43 PM

I pressure wash my PIG when it's really muddy, never had a problem. After every wash I use a cheap can of tire shine like STP or No Touch and hose the PIG down with it. Wipe off the extra and it's all shiney and has a protective coating on it .

Here's mine, ain't it purdy ?

Posted Image

Are those 606's? If so, what size is the rear?

BTW - nice bike! :confused:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.