Kenda Millville rear tire

8 replies to this topic
  • Oasis_Flame

Posted November 17, 2004 - 12:34 PM

Because the first post was cut, I'll ask again. Is this tire a good one for the desert? Does it chunk up? Rock cuts?
:cry:

• ZEKEDAWG

Posted November 17, 2004 - 01:19 PM

They are great. Just don't tell anyone. Rocky mtn has a tough time keeping them in stock. A friend in AZ runs them all the time and I run them in nor cal shale/quartz rock with no problems. For the price you can repleace them every 300-500 miles no problem.

• WR_Dave

Posted November 17, 2004 - 06:03 PM

It's the only tire that my whole riding group uses. We ride the Rocky Mountain area and the tire holds up really well. It doesn't chunk up and the new version has more ribbing between the side knobs to help with cutting knobs on rocks. You can not beat this tire for the money. My .02--WR Dave. :cry:

• toyota_mdt_tech

Posted November 17, 2004 - 06:14 PM

I had one on my old WR426F (sold several months ago) and it worked nice. I thinks its an IT type terrain, not so well for soft. I was on the throttle hard and was in real rocky areas and did take some chunks out, but it wasnt the tires fault, it was mine. I abused it pretty bad. Great wearing tire with good bite! :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Parrot

Posted November 18, 2004 - 03:47 AM

I put them on my son's yz250f as a test and they are short lived. I still can't find a tire as good as the dunlap 739 desert/AT, for all around riding here in the Rockies.

• flyinguitars

Posted November 18, 2004 - 10:20 AM

Im just ready to buy a new pair after almost a year...probably 45 rides on them

• WR_Dave

Posted November 18, 2004 - 05:27 PM

Your kidding about the Dunlop 739 right? I ride in the rockies and it lasted OK but it wouldn't stick to S#%T as far as I'm concerned. :cry:

• StreetbikePimp

Posted November 19, 2004 - 07:12 AM

Your kidding about the Dunlop 739 right? I ride in the rockies and it lasted OK but it wouldn't stick to S#%T as far as I'm concerned. :cry:

I have to 2nd that vote. The D 739 is OK in the hard pack, but there are much better tires out there for the soft terrain and mud.

• JoeBWR450

Posted November 19, 2004 - 06:57 PM

739, too much wash out front or back. The millville doesn't klast more than one summer, Try the 756 Dunlop. Good hookup in soft or hard.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.