mobil 1 ATF

3 replies to this topic
  • elsinoredaze

Posted November 17, 2004 - 06:42 AM

I'm looking for a heavier fork oil, possibly mobil 1 ATF.

My question is this ... does the 05 YZ 450 fork design change anything when it comes to adding heavier oil or should they perform like prior models with heavier oil.Just don't want to mess anything up.

• flyinguitars

Posted November 17, 2004 - 07:23 AM

Dont know about the new forks...but Im really happy with the performance of a 50/50 mix of mobile 1 atf and enzo 01 weight in my 01 426. My forks have come change, I'll try straight atf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted November 17, 2004 - 09:06 AM

The 05 has a very complicated twin chamber fork. Changing oil is harder to do and special tools are needed.

The 05's are supposed to have great forks stock.

• gonzo

Posted November 17, 2004 - 09:24 AM

There ok if you ride hard pack but on rougher tracks they are sort weird. They are real stiff at the top of the stroke and then get soft in the middle and then back stiff again at the end of the stroke for bottoming. After a revalve from Fat Max Racing they are the bomb!!!!

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.