turn signal mod

4 replies to this topic
  • RingoRyan8

Posted November 16, 2004 - 11:47 PM

Since I only use my xr650l 99.9% for offroad I replaced the stock turn signals with smaller ones. I used the clearance lights that the use on trucks, but now they don't blink they only turn on, I tried putting the stock lights back on but still no blink. do motorcycles have a blinker fuse like a car? where can i find it? also, since i don't have a manual what is the oil capacity of the xr650l? thanks in advance.

• michaeln

Posted November 17, 2004 - 04:46 AM

Get a "load independent" flasher from an auto supply store. The lights you bought don't draw enough current to make the stock flasher flash.

Oil capacity, (with filter change) is 2.1 quarts.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RingoRyan8

Posted November 17, 2004 - 07:14 AM

where do i install the load independent flasher?

• don87xr600

Posted November 17, 2004 - 03:22 PM

replace your existing flasher with it.

• RingoRyan8

Posted November 17, 2004 - 09:00 PM

i got it figured out, i was looking in the fuse box for the flasher. i went down and picked up a variable load flasher, plugged it in and it works great. thanks for the help

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.