Anyone ride in Parker Az or the Cali side?

10 replies to this topic
  • gimprvr

Posted November 16, 2004 - 09:19 PM

I'm headed out for a few days and wanted to see if anyone has any good trails to hit out there

• Chas_M

Posted November 16, 2004 - 10:37 PM

There are lots of good riding areas a couple of miles North of Parker on the CA (North side) of the Colorado River. Also, the Parker 400 starts just out of Parker.

• gimprvr

Posted November 16, 2004 - 10:48 PM

I'm going to be riding about 4 miles north af the bridge on the cali side. I have a place in river shore. Do you get out there much?

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted November 16, 2004 - 11:30 PM

I ride in Parker all the time. There is a few neat things to see. I have a river house on the river and ride out there about every other weekend. First if the location of the crashed F4 phantom fighter jet that crashed in 1979 and alot of the remains are still there, second is Swansea Ghost town about a 30 mile ride outside of Parker, The mineral wash is cool and riding up top of P mountain is fun. The view up there is awesome!!!

• gimprvr

Posted November 17, 2004 - 08:02 AM

I ride in Parker all the time. There is a few neat things to see. I have a river house on the river and ride out there about every other weekend. First if the location of the crashed F4 phantom fighter jet that crashed in 1979 and alot of the remains are still there, second is Swansea Ghost town about a 30 mile ride outside of Parker, The mineral wash is cool and riding up top of P mountain is fun. The view up there is awesome!!!

Don't you hit the Hotboat boards as well? I'm pretty sure I've seen you there. Any way I'll be up there all week next week. If you're out riding stop by, I'm in River Shore Estates Sp#120

BTW
Hotboat name = Faster

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted November 17, 2004 - 10:52 AM

yup that's me. I'm on hotboat often as riverratmike but on www.riverratlife.com and www.havasudoug.com the most. River shores, not exactly sure where that is. Is it on the CA side? My place in the AZ side so I do all my riding in Parker. I have been on the CA side once back in 2001 riding over there in those mountains. Kinda rocky in alot of spots but it was still fun.

• gimprvr

Posted November 17, 2004 - 11:38 AM

yup that's me. I'm on hotboat often as riverratmike but on www.riverratlife.com and www.havasudoug.com the most. River shores, not exactly sure where that is. Is it on the CA side? My place in the AZ side so I do all my riding in Parker. I have been on the CA side once back in 2001 riding over there in those mountains. Kinda rocky in alot of spots but it was still fun.

From the Water it's the place that has the little white bridge and a little lagoon with boat docks on the cali side. I was thinking about hitting the Desert bar one day over on your dise of the tracks. if you're up for it maybe I'll meet you for a beer.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted November 17, 2004 - 12:29 PM

ok I think I know where it is. kinda across from lakeside jetski rentals? when you going to be out there? I live about 33 miles from my river house here in LHC and will be more than likely be there this weekend. I usually don't do the desert bar thing. But if you'd like to take a ride out to the crashed F4 or P mountain I'm up for that. Let me know...

• gimprvr

Posted November 17, 2004 - 12:54 PM

ok I think I know where it is. kinda across from lakeside jetski rentals? when you going to be out there? I live about 33 miles from my river house here in LHC and will be more than likely be there this weekend. I usually don't do the desert bar thing. But if you'd like to take a ride out to the crashed F4 or P mountain I'm up for that. Let me know...

Yeah you got it. My mom lives in Havasu right off of Saratoga and Acoma. I used to have a place at the Islander. Any way the crashed plane sounds fun, How big a loop is it? I've never done the desert bar thing but some buddies said I gotta do it at least once.

I'm heading up on Sunday Morning, 760-665-2393.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 17, 2004 - 04:56 PM

I raced the Parker 300. I was surprised that the riding was so good right out of Parker..

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted November 18, 2004 - 12:06 AM

gimprvr, I sent you a PM

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.