Looking for a 05 450F in Sacramento area

5 replies to this topic
  • Geezerx

Posted November 16, 2004 - 08:48 PM

I would like to talk to any owner of an 05 450F, preferrably in the Sacramento area. I have on 03 and want to upgrade to an 05, but I have some questions before I make the commitment.
Please send me a PM.

• keith426

Posted November 18, 2004 - 08:23 AM

I baught a 450 from Capitol and the sucker I am I let them rip me off on set up fees. so would suggest you stay away from Capitol Power Sports. If you need any new gear or parts for that bike see Kellie at the Moto-X Store 9500 Micron (362-4486) she will beat any store or dealerships pricing in town.

• Geezerx

Posted November 27, 2004 - 06:25 AM

I have done business with Kellie. I needed a tire late on a Sat. She gave me a great price with a smile. I will buy from them again.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RippinInColorado

Posted November 29, 2004 - 02:43 PM

I recommend Folsom Lake Yamaha. New store, great guys, pleasure to do business with.

• Geezerx

Posted November 29, 2004 - 05:46 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
My I be so bold as to ask how a guy that lives in Colorado would know about a rather new store in Rancho.

• RippinInColorado

Posted December 02, 2004 - 09:34 PM

I came out to race the Hangtown Amatuer Days and to watch the National. I needed an oil filter and some other stuff and ended up in Folsom Lake Yamaha. Changed the oil at their shop and ended up with a stripped bolt hole in the case. Their service manager got that fixed, then there was a slight drip. The parts manager dug through all his parts to find an o-ring to fix it. While working on that, one of the bike set-up guys noticed my front brake pads were shot, so we got those replaced. The brake seemed spongy to the guy, so he bled my brake line (no charge).

I got a lot of attention and assistance late on Thursday afternoon to help my weekend go well. It was cool!

The track was fun and I got 5th. Very nice. Then the National on Sunday was awesome with RC back for the first time in a while and Ron-Ron mixing it up with Bubba.

This year, Colorado is getting its own National, so I probably won't make the trip to Hangtown again.

Anyway, the guys at Folsom Lake Yamaha were great to me.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.