Current 04 Starter Upgrade Info

2 replies to this topic
  • ETP

Posted November 16, 2004 - 07:51 PM

Hey guys,
Just recieved my WR450 04 starter parts and will be doing the mod to my 03 as per the wr450.com instructions. :cry:
Didn't I see some posts a while back regarding some other bolts inside the case coming loose? Stator bolts not torqued properly from the factory, etc.? Any current tips or advice would be appreciated. :cry:
Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RichBaker

Posted November 17, 2004 - 11:59 AM

Yep....there's been a couple reported instances of the stator bolts backing out. I used 243(oil resistant) loctite on all the bolts on the inside of the case cover when I updated my 03...

• ddialogue

Posted November 17, 2004 - 01:36 PM

Hey guys,
Just recieved my WR450 04 starter parts and will be doing the mod to my 03 as per the wr450.com instructions. :cry:
Didn't I see some posts a while back regarding some other bolts inside the case coming loose? Stator bolts not torqued properly from the factory, etc.? Any current tips or advice would be appreciated. :cry:
Thanks

I thought I read on here that Yamaha changed the part numbers on the '03 stator bolts and they're now slightly longer...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.