05 WR 450 weight

5 replies to this topic
  • PeakRider

Posted November 16, 2004 - 06:05 PM

I weighed my 05 WR 450 today on a certified scale that is capable of weighing it all at once. It came out at 256 lbs. with no fuel in the tank. All other fluids were full.

• bbeaver

Posted November 16, 2004 - 06:16 PM

There a little heaver than specs say they are mine checked about the same, but they feel alot lighter when your riding it, my YZ426 is 20# lighter but if feels like a tank after riding the 05 WR

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted November 16, 2004 - 08:23 PM

I weighed my 05 WR 450 today on a certified scale that is capable of weighing it all at once. It came out at 256 lbs. with no fuel in the tank. All other fluids were full.

I weighed my 03 WR450 with a very accurate digital scale, it was 262 all fluids, no gas.. 256 is good.. Looks like the bikes are slowly loosing weight. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DEZRCR

Posted November 17, 2004 - 05:33 AM

I weight my 05' right after I bought it on a cargo scale at work. It weight 273, ouch.

• patrickincc

Posted November 19, 2004 - 04:33 PM

well depending on the density of coolant which I dont know it can be heavy. Water is 8.3/4 pounds per gallon And then the oil, so just find out the density and you can calcualte your fluid weight.

• thumperjp

Posted November 19, 2004 - 06:57 PM

Man! How is the actual wight important for you?? I owned 03WR450F and change to 05 now. The actual wight of both are almost same :cry: but I felt the difference was so big after ride. I felt 05 is alomost 10 pounds lighter than 03. The feeling wight is impotant for me. just my thought...... :cry:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.