True or False ??? Aoss forks for the 05WR

• Flip01

Posted November 16, 2004 - 09:53 AM

True. :cry:

• Flip01

Posted November 16, 2004 - 10:00 AM

• Treebanger

Posted November 16, 2004 - 10:21 AM

Emailed the author @ motorcycle-usa to confirm AOSS forks on the 05 model, have not heard back from him.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted November 16, 2004 - 12:31 PM

do the caps look the same as the old ones on the aoss forks? because i looked at one at the dealer last night and there is no visable difference! still looks like rebound on top. and the yamaha web page just states "new 48 mm forks" not aoss you would think they might state that. they all come with the smog crap(not just cali) and the tanks are tiny! it feels funny compared to my 04 almost too low :cry:

• obermeyer

Posted November 16, 2004 - 04:17 PM

The 05 WR's did not get the new forks. I own one.

Maybe next year with the aluminum frame and FI.

• Flip01

Posted November 16, 2004 - 04:52 PM

Ok, I stand corrected on this one. :cry:

Looks like both bikes got the 48mms but the WR didn't get the AOSS. The caps are totally different. Doh.....

• ddialogue

Posted November 16, 2004 - 06:18 PM

Maybe next year with the aluminum frame and FI.

If they announce FI for 2006, I'll be first in line again!! :cry:

• barkbuster

Posted November 17, 2004 - 02:45 PM

you would think a mag review would get something like that right .wouldn't they get their info straight from yamaha.anyway I still like the forks on my 250f but I will trade for 06 if they have AOSS and AL frame but I wouldn't hold my breath for FI.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.