Is the Clymer manual a good one?

4 replies to this topic
  • joleg

Posted November 15, 2004 - 10:20 PM

I Have a 05 XR 650 L. Thanks!

• Haggis

Posted November 16, 2004 - 06:07 AM

Have used both the Clymer and Haynes manuals for my XL500r and found the Clymer to be the next best thing to the Honda manual. Well laid out and coveres everything you will ever need.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HeadTrauma

Posted November 16, 2004 - 02:27 PM

I've found that Haynes manuals arent good for much, be it bikes or cars. I only use Clymers for bikes and the XL/XR 500-650L is pretty good.

• rokklym

Posted November 16, 2004 - 04:39 PM

The only thing I dont like about the Clymer manual is that the info thats specific to the 650L is all the way in the back as a supplement. So say your looking something up on the rear shock, you will have to look at the front part of the book, then look at the back for some specifics. Not really a problem but its kind of a pain.

• sgifford

Posted November 16, 2004 - 08:47 PM

The Clymer manual has worked well for me with my '97 XR650L.

Related Content

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 1 reply

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

What was your path to Beta? by officialhopsof

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Beta
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.