Hard data on the Stroker Quiet tip...

3 replies to this topic
  • rwhitlock

Posted December 13, 2000 - 01:43 PM

I posted a question to the people at Stroker (www.strokerspeed.com) and asked if their Dual sport quiet tip will fit all WR's (2001 and older) and if they had tested the decible level before and after.

Their response was: "Yes,it does fit the 01 models. The decibal level is 94 db."

They did not state what the original db level was with an 'uncorked' stock exhaust...

Anyway, thought some of us would like that info...

• Bryan

Posted December 13, 2000 - 01:59 PM

I've used the Stroker quiet tip on my 1999 WR400. It is still loud but definately takes the edge off the bark. It is quietest at low throttle levels but still is loud when rapped out. This is assuming it's still a straight through design like the one I have. It is a bit pricey but looks pretty nice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted December 14, 2000 - 03:31 AM

I thought you were using an E-Series? Are you utizing the tip on your "E"?

86TT225, 98CR80, 99WR, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. Odometer and headlight removed. Moose hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank and IMS seat. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA.

• Bryan

Posted December 14, 2000 - 06:42 AM

Yes, I have the e-series. I tried the stroker tip right before I got the e-series (which I love).

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.