04 wr battery question

6 replies to this topic
  • azwr450f

Posted November 11, 2004 - 03:12 PM

i just uncovered the bike from the summer sto-away and it the battery is dead. i am not sure how long it has been out of juice. any recommendations on charging or purchasing a new one.
its not 110 degrees anymore so its time to ride :cry:

• ncmountainman

Posted November 11, 2004 - 03:29 PM

kick it!!! i know this sounds archaic,but it should start... i don't even have a battery anymore and mine starts :cry: it should charge back in about an hour :cry:

• dirtstiff

Posted November 11, 2004 - 06:35 PM

Don't do what I did. I had a weak battery after no riding this summer so I let the dealer talk me into a new battery. $ 72.00. I also bought a battery tender Junior. I installed the Tender and brought the original battery back to life. I would like to return the new unused battery, but time will probably find use for the new one. Try the charger, easy to install @ $ 39.00. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 11, 2004 - 06:41 PM

Ditto Buy a Battery and Battery Tender! :cry:

• bikepilot

Posted November 11, 2004 - 09:56 PM

NOOOOOOOOO!!!! The absolute worst thing to do is try to charge a completely dead battery with only the bike's charging system. NEVER ever do this, you are asking to replace a regulator at least if not the stator too. :cry: I replace about four or five charging systems every year for people who do this.....

• ncmountainman

Posted November 12, 2004 - 06:15 AM

well i must be blessed or sumthin' because i've done it several times on different bikes including my 04 and never had any bad results! i also had someone who owns a race shop in cali tell me my bike would not run without a battery? go figure! :cry:

• azwr450f

Posted November 12, 2004 - 09:39 AM

Thanks for the advice. any recomendations on a battery charger

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.