2005 WR250/450 Mag Review

9 replies to this topic
  • MO_XR400

Posted November 11, 2004 - 11:33 AM

Found this the other day...Looks like Yamaha is continuing to improve upon a great product.

2005 WR Review

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 11, 2004 - 12:28 PM

Cool! :cry: :cry: :cry: I guess I fit their target market. :cry: :cry:

• ddialogue

Posted November 11, 2004 - 02:11 PM

I fit their target market, too....except for being OLD! :cry: :cry:

Reading that article sure whet my appetite for a new WR...but I'll ride mine a couple of more years. :cry:

• Texas4play

Posted November 11, 2004 - 02:35 PM

Hmmm.I can't get the link to work?

• jwriott

Posted November 11, 2004 - 02:55 PM

Interesting. I'd like to see what one weighs wet without fuel next to an 04'. Since it lost 1/2 gallon of gas, of course it's lighter than last year fully wet. Nice to see the aluminum SA and decent bars come standard.

There is no way I could ever ride that bike with the stock tank. 2.1 gallons wouldn't get me to 1/2 of the places I go. Anyway, hopefully by the time I need another new bike, they'll be even lighter. :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted November 11, 2004 - 06:51 PM

It is not that much of a difference John. You wont like the heavy WR compared to that lightweight bullet you are riding now! :cry:

• Math

Posted November 11, 2004 - 07:57 PM

Thanks for the link :cry: :cry:

• jwriott

Posted November 12, 2004 - 07:25 AM

I like the 300 a lot but I know I'm going to be missing my 426 bad once I get back out in the open like the sand washes in Moab. I was always looking for another gear on that bike and the 300 is much slower.

Anyway, the 300 is an interim bike for me until the 4-strokes get a little more refined and hopefully lighter. Since I'm not going to get any taller, the lower seat heights help as well. What I'd like to do is keep the 300 and buy another 4-stroke in 2-3 years.

• Texas4play

Posted November 12, 2004 - 08:00 AM

Finally got thru the link. Good article and video !!

• barkbuster

Posted November 16, 2004 - 03:33 AM

I think motorcycle USA is wrong about the WR getting the AOSS forks.somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.