xr600r front wheel on xr650r

8 replies to this topic
  • scorch

Posted November 10, 2004 - 05:59 PM

Is it a straight up swap? Including rotor. I got a great deal on a xr600r front wheel and it looks the same.

Is there any tweaking involved?

What bikes use the same rear tire?

• mikekay

Posted November 10, 2004 - 07:09 PM

there is a very very very slight difference between the two wheels, but you can run it.

• scorch

Posted November 10, 2004 - 07:23 PM

I installed the wheel, but there is a bit of play in them. Is that normal?

When I installed it, locked everything in. I put my hand on the wheel and shook it, and the wheel wiggles from side to side. Is this okay to run?

• Miker

Posted November 10, 2004 - 10:32 PM

I think you need the spacer from the XR600 setup to make this work for you. Don't quote me on that though. I would think someone would know on this site so "To the Top" :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SaltyWalrus

Posted November 11, 2004 - 04:21 AM

Try to figure out where the play is coming from. Are the bearings the wrong inner diameter for the axle? Are the spacers the wrong width. Spacers wrong inner diameter???

I am not sure, but I thought I remembered the XR600 wheels fit, but you had to put in different wheel bearings. Let us know when you figure it out!!!

• scorch

Posted November 11, 2004 - 06:56 AM

What are spacers? The yahoogroup xr650 list tells me I need the 600r spacers.

Where can I get them?

• RingKingPin

Posted November 11, 2004 - 07:13 AM

If the play isn't the spokes and it's not the bearings then your going to need different sized spacers or bushings. I had to turn my own down on a lathe for my motard wheels. Where does it look like the wiggle is coming from? How do the bearings feel?

• scorch

Posted November 11, 2004 - 07:37 AM

What are spacers? And where can I get them?

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted November 12, 2004 - 02:14 PM

The spacer on the disc side is slightly different.
Sotck 600 spacer has a little groove around the fatter part. The 650 one does not.
If you use the 600 wheel then use a 600 spacer.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.