5 replies to this topic
  • Waxer

Posted November 10, 2004 - 04:38 PM

I have an 99 WR 400, & yes i have searched the archives for info regarding the APJ mods. The problem is some of Taffy's old links no longer work (yeah I know old server). Does anybody have any pics they could post reg. the mod. Taffy refers to a ""Small block connector to fit over the rod" but I have no idea how or where I can get this connector. The parts guy will Laugh his arse off if I cannot even describe this part. Any help would be appreciated.

• jbarnes

Posted November 10, 2004 - 07:19 PM

• Brettv

Posted November 10, 2004 - 09:33 PM

G'day, ive done the taffy mod on my bike it works great, ive also got the pics on my comp
ill post links if youd like
in australia a found the "wheel collar" to be a little wire connector from dick smith. once u see the pic youl know what it is and where to get one. most electronic shops would have em.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

hope this helps :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The_Missile

Posted November 11, 2004 - 04:46 AM

Any radio control hooby shop also has ring collars.
these are circular hoops of metal which fit over a shaft and have small allen scew which tihtens
against the shaft to hold the collar in place.

• Waxer

Posted November 11, 2004 - 05:55 PM

Thanks guys, The photos really helped. Is the .024 measured from the connector block to the brass hausing where the robber boot once attached ?

Thanks again

• Brettv

Posted November 11, 2004 - 10:05 PM

yep thats right, where the rod starts to go back in. if u take ur carb off and look in from the air intaje side u can see the duration of the squirt is much shorter. just make sure u seal up the hole where the rod goes in cause dirt and crap gets in, either use silicone or some other stuff. i would clean it out as well if i were u. take off the bottem plate and scrape out the dirt. better yet strip the whole carb and clean it., :cry: :cry:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.