05' WR 450 end cap / insert

4 replies to this topic
  • kcracing

Posted November 10, 2004 - 08:10 AM

Just got my 05' and I uncorked the singer sewing machine, curious if anyone has any ideas for a new end cap or insert for the stock pipe, I also noticed I get an extemely red hot head pipe very quick. I also plan on doing the grey wire mod. Has anyone else done this and have you had to mess with jetting very much? Ca bike now in Arizona. Any other ideas????

Posted November 10, 2004 - 08:49 AM

Red head pipe is normal. Looks cool huh? :cry:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kcracing

Posted November 10, 2004 - 08:51 AM

Roast some marshmellows!!!

Posted November 10, 2004 - 09:50 AM

I am going to use the stock pipe as a boat anchor. Replace with Pro Circuit Type 496. As far as the grey wire goes, locate the wire (it comes from the CDI box) and simply unclip the appropriate prong from the connector plug. It will slip right out with no need to actually "clip" it. Tape it off, stuff it down in the tubing it came from and forget about it. :cry:

• beezer

Posted November 10, 2004 - 09:52 AM

Light your cigar!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.