05 WR 450 Hand Guards

5 replies to this topic
  • Bearsdad

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:19 PM

Last week I bought a new WR 450! I want to put on a set of hand guards and have bought the Acerbis ones. Problem is the throttle side has an "enclosed" throttle rather than an open one like most bikes. Any one else run into this?? What should I do??

• Texas4play

Posted November 09, 2004 - 08:36 PM

Same here. I just drilled a hole thru the grip and throttle tube, adjusted the throttle assembly inward - just to the outside edge of bar and mounted the guard. Just make sure nothing binds and the handguard is secure and you'll be fine. :cry:

• YamahaSteve

Posted November 09, 2004 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, the 04 is the same as are most factory tubes probably... you can drill it as suggested but I just cut mine off with a small cutting wheel and it is good to go...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bearsdad

Posted November 09, 2004 - 10:06 PM

WOW! Thanks guys for the quick responses!! Your suggestions were exactly what I was thinking!

Thanks again! :cry:

• Indy_WR450

Posted November 09, 2004 - 11:08 PM

Drill a 3/4" hole. Tape the outside of the tube so it does not shatter. Drill slowly! :cry:

• Boneman

Posted November 27, 2004 - 09:17 PM

Drill a 3/4" hole. Tape the outside of the tube so it does not shatter. Drill slowly! :cry:

Funny, I searched the board AFTER I broke my tube today trying to drill it for my Acerbis guards. I am looking at maybe an alumnium tube, the plastic seems way to cheap. My older bikes used plastic tubes but the one on my 04 WR450 is CRAP!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.