Help with my 01WR 426

25 replies to this topic
  • Gobbler801

Posted July 19, 2001 - 10:44 AM

Hey WR Jason, While you are in there doing the valves, do the cam too. I am a farily agressive rider, and it really made me happy! I was not dissapointed in the stock power, but I felt it was lacking. Now I am pretty happy with it. If you are an agressive rider, do the cam adjustment. It is a big bonus!

• WR_Jason

Posted July 19, 2001 - 11:00 AM

Eeehhhh, ok, Ill do it. I gotta call the dealer and order the YZ throttle stop, YZ needle, and some oil filters anyway.

• James_Dean

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:17 AM

Nearly every year of YZ has had a change in carb needle. I can't answer what difference the needle will make without the code. The '98/99 needles are close to a stock WR needle mostly(code OBD--). The '00 and '01YZ needles are more aggressive(code OBE--) and work with smaller mains (162-172). A #50 pilot jet is too big for many needle combinations. Again, depends on the needle code.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Jason

Posted July 20, 2001 - 07:32 AM

Hmm, my needle is stock US speck 99 WR 400, is this cool for the YZ time change? Sounds like it if the 98 and 99 YZ needles are the same as the 99 WR. I just dont want it to run to lean and get hot.

[This message has been edited by WR_Jason (edited 07-20-2001).]

• Gobbler801

Posted July 20, 2001 - 10:29 AM

James, What combo would you reccomend for mine? I have the needle at home. I will check it out and see which one it is.

• James_Dean

Posted July 20, 2001 - 12:50 PM

The stock '01YZ426 needle is a good choice. It is OBEJP from posts on that forum. This is close to the EKP and EKN which I have referred to in the past.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.