sent my bike to nigeria, check bad, what do i do??

75 replies to this topic
  • Ga426owner

Posted January 05, 2005 - 11:33 AM

dumbass

see what you started................again. :cry:

• inte

Posted January 05, 2005 - 12:00 PM

Hey I had the same thing happen to me. A guy from Africa sent me an email and he said he would send me a check for $6000 or something like that and I can keep $1000 more than I was asking for. That was when I was selling my 80. Heard a lot of people complaining about that scam so I told the guy to go F*** himself lol. Never emailed me back.

Sorry man...hope you can figure something out to get your bike back.

Only $6000!? Man, these guys are getting cheap. Last email I got like this a couple weeks ago from from some West African prince & he had to transfer nearly 10 million in assets! I would get to pocket around $100,000 for assisting, by holding some of the funds in my account...

I get emails like this every few weeks. Funny stuff. Kinda creepy in a way, but funny stuff nonetheless.

• crayztwentyseven

Posted January 05, 2005 - 10:10 PM

:cry: Wow, stupid people are funny!!

• Davidyz450

Posted January 06, 2005 - 07:46 AM

If you sent the bike over seas check to see if there is a U.S. embassy and try to call them to see if someone can pick up your bike. As far as the money goes the banks are never responsible for counterfeit checks unless someone forged your signature and they still cashed it. Something similar happened to a friend and he called the FBI and the Secret Service. They both said that they have offices in Africa and caught many people but their countries won't prosecute! :cry:

• Vibeguy

Posted January 06, 2005 - 09:21 PM

How's that old saying go? If a deals too good to be true..........

They tried to scam me on a flight helmet, sent me a $4000 check for a $500 flight helmet. I took the check to my bank and they said it was bogus and a scam. They reported it to the FBI. FBI said it is a common scam and if you get hooked there isn't a thing they can do about it.

Chalk it up as a lesson learned, Sorry Bro.

• MrMotorhed

Posted January 07, 2005 - 03:31 PM

why on earth did you send the bike before the check cleared?if it doesn't clear a second time through your out a bike

• MichiganMXer

Posted January 10, 2005 - 08:55 AM

OMG, i read your message man and just put my head down. I'm feelin for ya man. I'd pay another $3000 just to take a bat to em. I suggest getting a credit report. Good Luck.

• GMAN69

Posted January 10, 2005 - 07:52 PM

I recieved an email from these guys a week or so ago about a ttr90 I was selling last year. I sent him back an email telling him I had a dodge intrepid I would sell him for $2500. I couldnt get $1500 for the pile of crap chrysler last year and its just sitting. He said he wanted it for his "investor" and would send a check for $6500. What a joke. Ill take his check and wait about a year for it to clear before i give up anything. Just have some fun with them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_k_426

Posted January 20, 2005 - 06:53 AM

I had my old cr250 for sale on ebay and the guy who one lived somewhere in europe and said someone in america owed him 8000 dollars and he will send me a check for the bike and i take out 4000 and send him the other 4000.
YEAH F@CKING RIGHT.
Reported straight to ebay
sorry to hear that you were that stupid
let me know if you have any other bikes for sale and ill send you a check .lol

• sldietz

Posted January 20, 2005 - 04:08 PM

Saw a 2004 Porsche 911 on ebay...but it now for $20,000....I emailed the guy..he gave me some sad sack of Sh*t Story in broken english about needing the money..etc..etc...told me to send him $4000 up front and he would forwad the car to me...if I liked it...send him the rest of the money.....I reported him to ebay...the auction was gone within the hour. IF it sounds to good to be true...it probably is.

• XriderR00

Posted January 20, 2005 - 05:52 PM

Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned Owned

• Chris_from_Oz

Posted January 20, 2005 - 07:40 PM

Saw a 2004 Porsche 911 on ebay...but it now for $20,000....I emailed the guy..he gave me some sad sack of Sh*t Story in broken english about needing the money..etc..etc...told me to send him $4000 up front and he would forwad the car to me...if I liked it...send him the rest of the money.....I reported him to ebay...the auction was gone within the hour. IF it sounds to good to be true...it probably is.

On eBay over here, there is always a bunch of auctions for high end sports bikes/Harleys etc, being offered for a 'Buy It Now' price. Usually something like $6-7 grand for a $25,000 Harley. These scumbags hack someones eBay account, and then take a legit auction listing, usually bikes from the USA (US licence plates.....), and advertise it to 'pre-approved bidders only'. These bikes always have aftermarket parts not readily available over here, so it's easy to pick which auctions are fake, but I wonder how many people that they actually get??? My bro' in law had his account hacked (he suspects his wife replied to a fake eBay email, giving them his password, but she won't quite own up..... :cry: ) and someone listed 2 huge commercial fridges under his username!!! The fridges were supposedly in Hong Kong??? Karma will catch up with these pricks.....

• new2blu

Posted January 20, 2005 - 07:50 PM

Sorry man that sucks. All you can do now is :cry: :cry: :cry: .

• mc

Posted January 21, 2005 - 06:20 PM

I have my 750 Nighthawk up for sale online. I am getting 3 or 4 emails a day from these scum bags. They all get the same response F*** Y**. :cry:

• SM610

Posted January 21, 2005 - 09:36 PM

OK,OK- Wouldn't it be fun to collect bogus checks?! FIRST ONE TO $1,000,000 gets some kind of prize! If we all did it maybe it would keep these f***s busy for a while. Every so often send them some heaping pile full of dog s**t or vomit, something nasty. Lets have some fun with THEM!!!

• Old_n_Slow

Posted January 21, 2005 - 10:24 PM

Most folks are under the impression that the exchanges that have happened with bad Cashiers Checks and items, i.e. bikes, boats, cars etc..actually transpire internationally. With your property takin a long boat ride somewhere to be enjoyed by someone far..far away...

Not true...most of the poor folks that have fallen for this don't realize that their item is probably a state ot two away from them.

The Nigerian aspect is in some..not all..cases, just a screen..anyone can print a bogus check showing international credentials that look good...

Case in point...I posted an ad at one of our local bike shops for a KDX I needed out of the garage..I only hung my little sign in this one shop..not on ebay or any other I-Net based publication.. so to know I was selling,you would have to physically see that ad on the board. I listed my email address and phone and sure enough..received the typical scam email for the bike..a few days later..I received a strange little phone call about the bike which also smelled funny..by a guy who spoke perfect english..

So..it's not just items you list electronically that are searchable...it could be that guy standing next to you at the parts counter looking at the "Crap For Sale" board at the shop..

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.